TeamAuthorUK Marketing Fit Club for Authors
£30.00 – £177.00
Step-by-Step How to Market Your Book
Led by Jan Kiermasz, Digital Marketing Specialist
WARNING! This is a HANDS-ON workshop designed to teach you how to market your book(s). Only suitable for authors who want to take responsibility for their book sales.
**Homework is a part of the course
**Prerequisite: At least one digital platform you’ve been using for 30 days minimum
These support sessions are a must if you are committed to improving your marketing but feel like you’re in need of a little extra help to get going.
Your membership fee will get you a monthly face to face meeting with a set group of fellow authors. This is a 6 month course and we consider this the best way to get you into good habits so you do your marketing consistently and productively.
For each session you will get:
- Accountability – just like at a slimming club you will ‘weigh in’ each month with what you have achieved and we can look at any areas where you feel you need some extra help to get your marketing in shape.
- Analysis – Look at your current marketing to see what is working, and what needs addressing.
- Research – are you marketing to the right people with the right message? You’ll learn from Fit Club just how to tell!
- Durability – be able to sustain your marketing efforts.
- Visibility – making sure your business is visible to your potential/current customers.
- Accountability – did we mention that? A metaphorical kick up the bum each month.
- Reporting – keeping track of just how well you are doing with simple reports.
- Knowledge – filling in any gaps and learning extra skills to help you market more effectively
For this to work for you and the group you must commit to attending at least 6 months of meetings, attend every month and be prepared to actively participate in the group.
"Jan inspires me to try new methods of marketing and helps me plan it step by step. I've saved a fortune compared to what it would have cost me to pay someone to do the marketing for me." Anna, Massage Therapist. Relax Therapies, Wirral
Each month you will get the proverbial kick up the backside to do your marketing but this doesn’t mean that the meetings will be judgemental. If you haven’t completed your tasks we will look at the reasons why and help you put mechanisms in place to overcome those challenges in future months. The meetings are to support you and help you achieve your goals, not chastise you.
"Jan explains the basics of marketing and more.. In a simple non geeky way. I love keeping track of my results from posts. I recognise what posts will reach a wider audience and when to post these. This has brought me peace of mind as I am learning to do it right.I have a plan and I can't wait to get started." Hayley, Local Shop Owner
As part of the package you will join a Secret Facebook group limited to the members of your Marketing Fit Club group. This is so you can support each other, ask questions and get help outside of the actual meetings.
MONTH 1 - "It's All About the Numbers"
* learn your numbers / read your analytics
* identify your marketing platforms
* how to measure your actions
* set realistic targets / find your baseline
* set up your own 6-month spreadsheet from template
MONTH 2 - "Understand Your USP"
* Why will people buy your book / how to target them
* Think as a customer, not as an author
* The difference between Features & Benefits
* What makes your books appealing
* Homework to research 5 competitors
MONTH 3 - "Competitor Analysis"
* Eye-opening session
* Detailed analysis of homework
* Identify strengths and weaknesses of competitors
* How you can emulate their strengths
MONTH 4 - "Marketing Plan Part 1"
* Formalising your research from Month 2 and 3
* Combine targets, USP and competitor analysis
* Develop your personal action-plan
MONTH 5 - "Marketing Plan Part 2"
* Identify the tasks required to carry out the Plan
* Platforms / Alternative income streams
* Specific to-do's with actions for each
* Minimum 6 months / Maximum 12 months plan
**Added Bonus - Lorna McCann will give PR tips at this session
MONTH 6 - "Let's Look at the Data"
* Analyse your past 4 months' data
* Identify the patterns
* Make adjustments
* Group discussion - Devil's Advocate session
** You will receive a Bespoke Guide to Marketing specific to your book and genre.
All authors on this course will be encouraged to offer suggestions and give feedback to each other throughout each session.
"Alone we are strong....Together we are stronger"
MAXIMUM CLASS SIZE OF 6 - FIRST COME FIRST SERVED
Payment of £25 due by September 4th to secure your spot.
Balance of £125 can be paid in a lump sum or £25 per month payable by the 10th of each month.
NO REFUNDS GIVEN